BCM ministry in Germany began in Wiesbaden in the early 50′s though missionary Jim Hutchinson who started Bible Clubs in a children’s home there. Through the years, the ministry grew:
- The 1960′s saw Bible Clubs and camps develop in the Weisbaden/Mainz area.
- 1970 – youth work was added to Bible clubs and camps, and translation of Footsteps of Faith began with four volumes published in German. In 1973, teacher training began to help churches better equip their teachers.
- 1978 – a church was planted in Mainz, the beginning of BCM church planting in Germany.
- 1983 – the KFG (Conference for Church Planting) was initiated, its goal to help in the foundation and development of “free churches”, or churches not sponsored or supported by the government or state-controlled denominations.
- 1999 – the BCM offices were moved to the main BCM church in Huenfeld, where the KfG is also headquartered.
- 1996 – BCM work with an established outreach to the handicapped in Bremen began.
- 2007 – a church planting ministry was started in Straubing, Germany.
BCM Germany has a full program for ministering to children, teens and adults, as well as a flourishing women’s ministry. The BCM church has various Bible study groups that meet in several communities, with the intent to start other churches. BCM Germany also has a market ministry for specific fest times such as Martins Market, Spring Market and Advent Market.
Get in Touch with BCM Germany
Field Director: Waldemar Muks
Phone: + (49) 6652 794382
Fax: + (49) 6652-91-81-84